A great way to add color and texture to your wedding is through linens. Linens transform your reception space and give you the freedom to make it your own. Some Venues and Caters have standard white linens but if your budget allows, we suggest renting linens to really change the look of your event. At We Tie The Knots, we like to think of it as “dressing” the room and we love hearing your visions for design! Linen companies offer a wide variety of options that will be sure to wow your guests and suit your individual personality. Some of our favorites are bold patterns and fun textures but you can never go wrong with classic styles that stand the test of time. Don’t be scared to consider patterns or bright colors, according to The Knot’s 2014 Trends, bright colors are back! Pairing a bold print or texture with other solid and neutral tones will create a balanced design for your space. Picking linens can be overwhelming, but with the help of the We Tie The Knots team it becomes a fun way to express yourself and create your dream wedding!
When it comes to planning your wedding, picking the venue is first decision you make. It can be overwhelming looking at different places and trying to narrow down the perfect spot to host your event.
It often helps to step back and look at it in a different way. Brides should sit down with their grooms and keep in mind that this is the first event you are hosting together. Let the space reflect both of your personalities and make sure you are both comfortable with the choice. To help you get started here are a few topics that we use at We Tie The Knots to help you find your perfect venue!
- How formal do you want the event to be?
- Is there a location or place that is meaningful to both of you?
- Do you want an outside wedding or inside wedding?
- Consider your guest count when selecting your venue.
- Do you prefer to be able to bring in your own alcohol?
- Consider parking or transportation for bridal party and guests.
- Consider your entertainment, if you want a band; make sure there is plenty of room for a stage. Or opt for a DJ that’s just a fun but doesn’t need as much room.
- Do you want the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the same location?
- Do you prefer a venue with an in-house caterer or bring in your own?
- Does the venue have a food or beverage minimum?
- Ask what is included in the rental price, each venue is different with the items they include such as chairs, tables, linens, etc.
With the help of We Tie The Knots and these essential questions, we will get you thinking in the right direction. It’s fun to think outside the box too! Choosing the perfect venue will effect the rest of your planning so making sure it reflects you both as a couple is the best advice!